Sunday, November 26, 2006

Melatonin, Wicked + Stephen King

Am I using Blogger Beta? Fuck no. This bitch eats enough of my blogs as it is!

So, I have problems sleeping. I also have mental issues that make me hallucinate. A lot. This means I have to sleep with lights on, which makes sleeping problems worse. My mum got me some melatonin, which is a sleep hormone that apparently only happens naturally in the brain if you sleep in the dark.
I took 3mg of it last night an hour before bed. Slept very deeply, had some very weird and disturbing dreams. One where one of my teachers was murdered on a school trip - a real school trip by the way, where our General Studies group were taken to see Mother Courage and her Children. 2 out of 20 managed to sit through the whole thing - most of us went out in the first interval and went to the York Dungeon instead. Anyway, it was a very bizarre dream where my English teacher got stabbed, my General Studies teacher had some sort of nervous breakdown and I lost my scooter helmet. I have a lot of scooter helmet loss anxiety dreams.
Then I had a vague, disturbing and unpleasent dream about one of my ex boyfriends and some kind of sexual abuse. I don't remember it well at all, and I'm glad.
The effects of the melatonin didn't wear off. I've been a zombie all day. Couldn't do any homework or writing or anything, just worked on my website. It took me half an hour to work out how to make a button on flash - I've been making websites on there for YEARS! Actionscript is a fucking bitch though, at the best of times, so I'm not blaming the melatonin for that completely.
For people who read my blog, a preview of how my website will look from 1st December onwards:

Claws Nail Art December Layout


And yes, I really have committed myself to making one new nail design every day. I'm going to regret that XD I'm still figuring out how to make the advent calendar itself, never mind the damn nail designs. Hardly anyone goes on my website anyway (hint - advertise for me!) so it's a bit of a waste of time.

I went xmas shopping yesterday - I now have presents for Gloworm and Sparkler (Immi's childs), Immi (but I'm going to get her something else as well parce que it was cheap) and my dad. I got my dad more huge slippers, I get him the same every year cos by the next christmas he's worn holes in the bottom. I already had got:

[WARNING WARNING GLOWORM AND SPARKLER PRESENT INFO COMING UP]

Jelly bean thing for both childs, and some blue tack and white tack which they love to play with and make little creatures out of. I got Gloworm a short dress/long top that is brown and white and very pretty. I'm still panicky about whether she'll like it or not - I'm bad at knowing what other people will like to wear. But I've got the receipt, if she hates it she can get something else prettyful. I got Sparkler a pretty silver necklace with crystal flowers and leaves, and a pair of little sparkly flower earrings - they're only studs cos Immi won't let her wear long earrings until she's 13 but they're quite big studs, so I think she'll like them.

I just finished reading Wicked by Gregory Maguire. If anyone hasn't heard of it - it's the story of the Wicked Witch of the West from 'The Wizard of Oz'. It tells the story of her life before the story of the wizard of Oz, and from her point of view. There's a musical based on it which is also awesome, but the book is much darker and has more political and religious conflict - the musical is more centered around the love story (which is important in the book, but doesn't last for very long). Anyway, yes. Read it.

I bought it in a 3 for 2 offer at Waterstones - so of course had to buy two more books to go with it :D I got Rose Madder and The Stand by Stephen King. The Stand weighs a ton - it's 1300 and something pages - apparently that's as long as Lord of the Rings. However, it only cost £7.99. I wonder why it was so cheap when I had to pay £17 for the Postsecret book - yes it's full colour printing and hardback - but it's about a 3rd of the length and contains hardly any words!

For anyone wondering what the fuck 'Postsecret' is - click HERE. It's one of my favourite websites, and I luffs it.

In other news, I have a boil on my chin. The size of a large grape. If it's still there tomorrow, I am not going to school. Acne is normal in teenagers, and I can deal with it. But boils? That's going just too far.

(My skin is way better in general - but I ate much cake and chocolate on Friday. Stupid mistake. The rest of my skin looks pretty good though, so hopefully I havn't done too much damage.)

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ahh, you might be a Drunk Auntie but you're also a Good Auntie. I'm sure Gloworm will love the dress.
xxx

11:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home