Thursday, November 02, 2006

Ugh - Too Much Work!

Ugh. I have an English essay due in tomorrow which I havn't started. And three art projects to do (yes, I'm very behind). I really can't be bothered. I'm doing Nano :P I'm over 4000 words now and I'm going to write at least another 1000 tonight, but after my English essay I think. I'm also sorting out my X Factor playlist, and trick or treating on Gaia. If you collect enough candy you get free items :D
I'm pretty happy with Nano so far. The writing isn't as good as something I'd spend more time on, but that's what second drafts are for :P I'm concentrating on getting the plot and dialogue out, because dialogue is what I suck at and plot is what I sometimes sort of forget about. I'm enjoying writing insanity, although there's some lumpy dialogue there that's going to need editing, so none of today's dialogue is getting posted online. You can have some description instead :P
My new piercing has got infected. I'm not entirely surprised, I did use a very grubby needle and I havn't been keeping it as clean as I should. And I've been changing the earring a lot, which you're not meant to do for 6 weeks. So yeah, it's gooey and hurty. I'm just leaving this earring in now until it gets better.
Hmm, what else...

This movie looks very good, but a bit scary. I'll have to see it though, even if it scares me forever. And hopefully there'll be no stupid people in the cinema bitching about it not being in English, like there are on the IMDB message board. >sigh<

And now I have run out of stuff to talk about :) Here ish nano.

The door swung open with the first gentle push of my fingertips. The hinges were silent but the lower edge of the door made a soft scuffing sound as it dragged across the wooden floor boards. The inside of the hut was dim, although the windows let in plenty of light it seemed to be watered down as soon as it crossed the window ledges, and the corners of the room gathered shadows as thick as cobwebs. One watery ray of light rippled on a chalked square in the centre of the floor, illuminating it in palest gold and making every speck of dust glow as they spun slowly through the hot, heavy air.
At a glance, the hut could have appeared empty. In fact, for a second I panicked that perhaps he had gone out into the village. He could be anywhere by now, and after what I’d heard I wasn’t sure that was safe for him or for anyone else. Then I saw, in one of the corners, a dark shape of a man. I pushed the door fully open and the light hit him, revealing one side of his face and body and forcing him to raise one hand and blink owlishly in the sudden glare.
I noticed that his hands were streaked with dried blood and that his fingernails were splintered stumps. The fingers were hooked like claws and trembled slightly. There was blood on his face and in his hair, and his clothes were speckled with it. The blood streaked hair was long, falling to a little below his shoulders, and the colour of dry, baked mud. It was unwashed and uncombed, and clung to his face and neck in matted clumps. He was younger than I’d expected, perhaps eighteen or nineteen, but his eyes seemed as ancient as the forest itself.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home