Thursday, October 19, 2006

The 'One Book' tag game


1) One book that changed your life:

Eeep. Hard first question. There's probably a few. Needful Things, by Stephen King. Not one of his best, but it was the first book I'd read by him (apart from Running Man - but this was recommended to me by my mother when I was only 9 and far too young to understand it. Just shocked by all the swearing and violence and textual nudity. Anyway, the book was accompanied by a lecture about how it was the only Stephen King book I should ever read, because he is a sick sick man and all his books are pointless sickness and Running Man is the only uplifting book he's ever written. Whateverrrrrrrr.) and it got me into a whole new lot of books that I probably wouldn't have read (at least for a few more years) otherwise. The Phantom of the Opera, by Gaston Leroux. That turned me into a rabid fangirl, which has permanantly influenced the way I read other books. This book in my school library about fingernail decorating, gave me some really good ideas that I use all the time (not a novel but whatever XD). I'm sure there's more, my life gets changed quite a lot, you see.

2) One book that you would read more than once:

Umm... nearly everything. Recently, I've reread Carrie (Stephen King), Dreamcatcher (Stephen King), The Princess Diaries (Meg Cabot), Coraline (Neil Gaiman). Books I've read more than twice are Phantom of the Opera (Gaston Leroux), Phantom (Susan Kay), Most of the Redwall books (Brian Jaques (sp?)), and a ton of others I can't think of right now.
I will reread Uglies (forgotten who the author is, damnit), The Wasp Factory (Iain Banks), Everything's Eventual (Stephen King, short stories), The Time Traveller's Wife (Audrey Niffenegger). And loads of others XD I like to reread. Ooooo, almost forgot! Have read Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice at least 6 times!

3) One book you would want on a deserted island:

Ugh. Only one? I would get bored of it. Badly. Everything's Eventual, by Stephen King, simply because it's short stories so I could alternate which bits I read. But I wouldn't be happy with only one book, let me tell you :P

4) One book that made you laugh:

The Princess Diaries, by Meg Cabot. I've read the first 5 of them this week while I was ill in bed and it made me happy. I'm sure there's others, can't think right now though.


5) One book that made you cry:


::repetitive:: Carrie (Stephen King), Phantom of the Opera (Gaston Leroux), Phantom (Susan Kay)... damnit I've typed all the same books for nearly every question and now I can't think of anything else I've read! Time Traveller's Wife (Audrey Niffenegger) (read this on Immi's blog and was like, oh yeah I cried in that one XD). I'm sure there's more though. I cry over books and movies a lot.

Ok, I totallly failed the 'one' book thing. Oops. But so did Immi! ::points::

I am Reading: Carrie, by Stephen King (just finished it, whatever)
I am Listening to: Nothing
I am Watching: Nothing
I am Writing: Plans for NaNoWriMo novel Waterlevel (title may change)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah yeah. I took a loose interpretation of the words 'one book'. :-D
xxx

8:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home